Interested in Working With Us?
- Do you want a challenging and exciting career… not just a job?
- Are you a creative person who thinks outside of the box?
- Are you interested in supporting people to achieve their dreams and goals as well as become valued, contributing members of their community?
If your answer is yes, click Apply Now at the bottom of the page to start the process of obtaining an exciting position with Community Living Brant.
1. Developmental Services Program Assistant
Salary: $21.52 to $23.38 per hour
Employment Type: Part Time (up to 24 hrs/week)
Closing Date: Ongoing
- Must have Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- Post-secondary education or experience in human services, is considered an asset.
- Must have valid Ontario G driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Valid 1st Aid/CPR Certificate, is considered an asset.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of this position including, but not limited to: standing, walking, bending, kneeling, lifting, pushing, and pulling without any physical discomfort on a continuous basis; must also be able to transfer patients with appropriate assistance when necessary.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including days, evening, nights, weekends and statutory holidays.
- May include, but is not limited to, assisting individuals with daily living such as personal care and hygiene (i.e. toileting, bathing, feeding, etc.), light housekeeping, laundry, administering medications, meal preparation and nutrition, shopping, and financial budgeting.
- Maintain complete and confidential information for each individual supported.
- Accompany people who receive support to a local event such as a concert, a sports game, etc. (subject to provincial COVID-19 restrictions).
- Help increase community connections for you and the person supported.
- Support individuals to develop skills and assume roles, which promote their effective participation in the typical and valued life of their community.
COVID-19 Considerations: Employer provides personal protective equipment and has implemented various measures to increase safety for people supported and staff. Interviewing processes will take place remotely via virtual meetings.
Community Living Brant embraces a culture of diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Physical accommodation required during the hiring process or information in an accessible format will be made available upon request.